President Bola Tinubu has appointed Tope Fasua as Special Adviser on Economic Affairs. Fasua himself announced the appointment via his verified social media handle.
Fasua is the CEO of Global Analytics Consulting and a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He expressed gratitude for the appointment, stating it aligns with his desire for national impact.
He holds a second degree in Financial Markets and derivatives from London Metropolitan University. Fasua began his career in 1992 and has worked with various banks, rising to Principal Manager/Regional Director in Abuja.
With a Ph.D. in public administration, Fasua is also an economics and financial markets analyst on television. In 2016, he founded the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party and was its presidential candidate in the 2019 elections.
The appointment of Tope Fasua as Special Adviser on Economic Affairs to President Bola Tinubu is a strategic move that could have significant implications for Nigeria’s economic landscape.
Fasua’s diverse background in economics, finance, and public administration makes him well-suited for the role.
However, the real challenge lies in effectively translating his expertise into actionable policies that benefit the nation.
The role of a Special Adviser is not just advisory; it’s about shaping policies that have a tangible impact on the lives of the citizens.
Did You Know?
- Tope Fasua is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
- He was the presidential candidate for the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party in the 2019 elections.
- Fasua has authored several books, including “Crushed” and “Things to Do Before Your Career Disappears.”
- He holds a PhD in public administration and has completed executive education courses from London Business School and Harvard University.
- Fasua is a regular economics and financial markets analyst on television.